Tuesday, September 23, 2008

As the world turns...

Mommy Karin -SOOOO much has been going on at my new home and I wanted to share with you all the good things. Progress is definitely being made on the bonding aspect with Peek-a-Boo and Pebbles too. It's all so exciting and I don't know where to begin...

Last night we all engaged in a play date. Peek-a-Boo and Pebbles really like that cat dancer toy and were very animated with it. Naturally I took that as my cue to get in on the game. Well, maybe I got a little over anxious because Pebbles did a little hissing. But that's okay because we all trying to breakdown the barriers. Leslie intervened a little and got me interested in a different toy while Peek-a-Boo and Pebbles went back to playing. This really all is a milestone because it looks like those two are "getting back to normal." Huge relief for all.

Another wonderful thing...Peek-a-Boo and I kissed - I even got to put my head in her bowl and she didn't do anything, but Leslie did...she took me away. As you can see, I still have my nose to the ground scrounging.

Peek-a-Boo has been and continues to be really patient with me.Everyone on the big bed! :) That's what happened last night. We all snuggled up against Leslie and there wasn't any hissing. This, too, is really huge because Pebbles hasn't been too happy about coming up when I'm there. It was the first night since I've been here that this has happened. Peek-a-Boo spent the night on the bed too - something she normally does. This could get a little crowded...I hope they don't take up too much room.

The other two are using my litter box. :( Oh well, makes no difference, I use theirs. I try to watch Peek-a-Boo because she's real good about cleaning up after Pebbles and me. But then a little light bulb goes off in my head and I say to myself "why bother...just let Peek-a-Boo do it.

"Oh Mommy Karin, you should have seen me this morning. Play time in the hallway. We all went out first thing - as we do everyday - and we charged down to the very end. I even went around the bend after Leslie checked to see that the fire door was closed. There's just so much to explore. I'm telling you it was a regular Kodak moment and we didn't have the camera.
After breakfast, we had a little laser light game going on before settling into the apartment for the day.

I hope that all the other little kitties from Kitten Little Rescue get to find such good homes. I know that all those nice people at the shelter will match the kittens up with the right people.

Well Mommy Karin, don't forget that I think about you, Charlotte and Peter Pan often. I'm never too busy for that. I frequently wonder what you're all up to and hope that you're all well. I'll make sure to write again soon to keep you posted on my progress. I'm trying to be a good girl and think I'm doing a pretty good job. We'll send photos again too. Maybe I can get Peek-a-Boo and Pebbles to pose with me! :)

Hugs and kitty kisses to all,
Peaches

No comments: