Friday, October 17, 2008

Fosse



I adopted a Siamese mix from Tammy at Kitten Little Rescue in June. She is poly-dactyl and was found days old in Central Park and bottle-fed. We named her Fosse (after Dian Fosse - woman who gave her life while trying to protect the mt. gorillas in Rwanda) and she is really something. She keeps my older males on their toes. She is obsessed with mice (fake) and she is a retriever. There is not a morning that goes by I don't wake up with mice in my bed. This morning it was on my pillow right next to my face. She is smart as a whip.
The other two cats are named Everest (the gray and white one); I found him 9yrs ago shortly after he had been thrown from a moving car(several neighbors saw it happen but no one went to help him). His leg was broken in two place and his knee was shattered from a previous incident (probably a kick), he had road rash and cigarrette burns all over. I rushed him to the vet and they put a steel pin in his leg. It was a long healing process but well worth all the time and every penny. He is an exceptional cat with a huge personality.

Mao-Mao (black and white) was found by my mother dumped in a park with his siblings.
We found homes for his siblings and I fell in love with Mao and couldn't let him go. He is five yrs old now.

No comments: