Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spaying and Neutering (John Henri and Carol)




John Henry is doing well - he wasn't as strongly affected as Carol (as you had said). he was looking tender yesterday but is quite active today and started running around after Carol - though he still runs a little gingerly.Yesterday carol gave him a bit of a harsh welcome back, with some hissing and swatting at him with her paws. So he kept hidden for a while, but took it all in good stead. Mary and I lay on the floor for a long time explaining to carol and John Henry what had happened and telling them that it was obviously confusing, but that everything was OK. Carol was confused by John Henry's smell, so that was what was making her aggressive - i think she was nervous of him; she stated to settle down a bit late last night. I set up a whole bunch of little nests of blankets all round the apt, so John Henry had losts of places to hide in if he wanted to be alone, and I put a chair next to the bed to make it easier for him to get up and join us if he wanted, which he did in the morning. Today (I stayed at home to monitor them) Carol's been much better. Sniffing him, lying next to him on their window shelf, washing him, and playing a bit. I think they are all settled down. John Henry is in good cheer tonight and is very affectionate. They have such wonderful characters

1 comment:

Rena said...

It amazes me how quickly animals perk up after neutering and spaying. I had our kitten spayed not that long ago, and she was up and about the next day. I wish your kitties a speedy recovery!